When bringing out your skin’s natural glow it’s essential to find products with natural ingredients as well as following a routine.
It's not only important to moisturize your skin on the outside but also on the inside! Make sure you are drinking lots of water daily, especially when you are out in the summer heat.
Ingredients to look for in a moisturizer:
- Shea butter: The Vitamin F found in shea butter is excellent for supporting and maintaining the skin’s elasticity.
- Hyaluronic acid: when hyaluronic acid is applied to your skin it binds to water and helps retain moisture.
- Amino Acids: Arginine helps repair visible skin damage, histidine contains antioxidants and can soothe your skin, and methionine neutralizes damaging matter before it can harm your skin.
Facial cleansing removes the dirt, sebum, oil, dead skin cells, and pollution that builds up on our face during the day. Washing your face and using a cleanser every day will remove any excess buildup or bacteria skin has picked up.
Last but not least don’t forget about that whole body glow. Exfoliation is important in your skincare routine. It removes that surface layer of built-up dead skin. When searching for an exfoliant, look for one that is gentle, with natural ingredients like ground coffee beans or sugar, and free from synthetics, harsh abrasives, and micro-beads to increase your skin's natural glow. You can also try a dry brush which is used before getting into the shower. This will help oils and moisturizers penetrate deeper into the skin post-shower.
When exfoliating, stick to a routine of only 1-3 times a week. If you exfoliate too often such as every day it can strip your skin of its natural oils, which can lead to breakouts.
Check out some of our favourite body exfoliators:
- KODO Collection Jade Eucalyptus + Rosemary Body Polish
- Simply Polished Coffee Body Scrub
- 1’Lux Srsly Buffed Dry Brush
Some other tips and tricks to keep in mind throughout your day to embrace your natural glow!
- Wear SPF when out in the sun to protect your skin from harmful UV. Even if it’s cloudy, you always want to wear SPF. This protects the skin from sunburn, skin cancer, and premature aging.
- Products that are plant-based and contain Vitamin C are beneficial, they fight off harmful free radicals.
- Eating lycopene-rich food such as Watermelon, grapefruit, papaya, guavas, cooked tomatoes, sweet red peppers, asparagus, red cabbage, and mangos! Lycopene is a powerful antioxidant that has many benefits.